In the spring, the best graduates of the 2020 and future graduates of 2021 aged 18-19 will enter the Bolshoi stage. Nikolay Grishko has been supporting the competition since its inception in 2013.
The main role of Nikolay Grishko in the organizing committee is to provide of products to young artists and their teachers:
• Every year the makers of Grishko/Nikolay, who have been working at the company’s theatrical costume factory for decades, create costumes (up to 70 pieces!) For the contestants according to individual measurements from the best Italian and English fabrics. After the competition, the products are given to the costume shops of ballet schools and delight the audiences for years to come.
• In branded bags, participants receive rehearsal clothes and a branded logo-wear, Grishko / Nikolay pointe shoes and ballet shoes.
• Grishko / Nikolay provides teachers with a full set of clothes for classroom work and pedagogical shoes.
All items gifted, are created in our own factory, which is located in the heart of the theatrical district of Moscow: a 5-minute walk from the Musical Theater of Stanislavsky and Nemirovich-Danchenko (the second largest ballet troupe in Moscow) and a 10-minute walk from the famed Bolshoi Theater. It is here, from year to year (more than 30 years!), The unsurpassed famous Russian stage costumes are made by hand by the most skilled workers in the industry.
We invite you to watch a video where we consider the set with gifts for the participants of the 2021 competition and admire the awards presented to Nikolay Grishko for supporting all the Russian Ballet competitions and participating in its organization.
The 5th All-Russian Choreographic Competition of Young Talents "Russian Ballet" is coming in 2021, and we decided to share with you several of our costumes that were used in the previous years on the stage of the Bolshoi Theater. Our small masterpieces made by the hands of the masters of Grishko ltd. (Moscow, Russia) in our industry leading factory.
· Pas de deux of Kitri and Basilio from the ballet "Don Quixote" performed by the graduate of the Bolshoi Ballet Academy Elizaveta Kokoreva @kokolizik and an artist of the Bolshoi Ballet Denis Zakharov @denibaley.
· Variation of the Lilac fairy from the ballet The Sleeping Beauty, performed by Sofia Shatokhina, a graduate of the Moscow Choreographic Academy “Gzhel”.
· Variation of Esmeralda performed by Melina Fidan Moscow Choreographic Academy “Gzhel”.
· Paquita variation performed by Daria Korotkova, a graduate of the Novosibirsk Choreographic Academy.
· Variation of Laurencia performed by Anastasia Smirnova, a student of Vaganova Ballet Academy.
· Pas de deux from the Nutcracker performed by Yulia Lyakhovich and Grigory Botenkov from Krasnoyarsk Choreographic Academy.
All the costumes in the video are custom tailored for the contestants according to their individual measurements by the brilliant masters of the Grishko \ Nikolay brands, who have been creating masterpieces of theatrical costumes for over three decades in the heart of the theatrical district of Moscow.
Our masters are ready to take on your orders for any theatrical and ballet costumes. All we need is your measurements and an idea what costume you wish to receive.
Please contact your local retailer and ask them to contact Nikolay brand for information.
To learn more about Nikolay Grishko's story, turn on notifications and subscribe to #nikolaygrishkostory