Nora Yun is a Vladimir Djouloukhadze Emerging Artist at Kirov Academy of Ballet in Washington, DC, where she has trained in the Vaganova method for over four years. She started ballet classes at age three and was fitted for her first pair of pointe shoes at Footlights six years ago.
While at Kirov, she is privileged to have danced the full Pas d’Esclave and Diana and Actaeon pas de deux, as well as variations from Paquita, Cavalry Halt, Talisman, Odalisque, and several others.
Nora Yun has performed with several ballet companies as a guest artist at the Kennedy Center, including:
• Mariinsky Ballet in Le Jardin Anime in Le Corsaire
• Ballet West as Clara and a party guest in The Nutcracker
• New York City Ballet in The Most Incredible Thing
• Cincinnati Ballet in The Nutcracker
She has received several awards at competitions, including:
• 1st place YAGP regionals for Pas d’Esclave
• 3rd place classical and 3rd place contemporary YAGP regionals
• YAGP finalist multiple years
• 4th place classical and 4th place contemporary World Ballet Arts
• WBAC finalist
Nora Yun has participated in summer intensives at Bolshoi Ballet Academy, Ellison Ballet, Joffrey Ballet School, and Kirov Academy of Ballet and she is currently a participant in the Classical and Contemporary Master Class Series at the Kennedy Center for the 21-22 Season.
Nora Yun was a NG Generation 2020 participant and is a huge fan of the Nikolay brand. She wears 3007 ProFlex pointe shoes, StretchTek ballet flats and is regularly outfitted in total Nikolay apparel. Her favorite leotard is the Camilla leotard from the Academy Collection. She is grateful for the opportunity to continue supporting her long-time favorite dance boutique, Footlights, and her favorite brand.